.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Sunday, August 21, 2005

I can't stand the rain.

Didn't Missy Elliot have a song called "I can't stand the rain?". Dude, I know how she feels.....

God, I really hate the rain here. There is no other way to say it. My Mom always said that hate is a vey strong word to use but that is the only word that will work. Let me try and paint a mental picture of what the "rain" is like here.

The rain that I am use to is cool and cold and smells clean after a hard rain. The rain that I am used to has a slow build works its way up to a strong storm. It is refreshing and it feels good to run in it. Like a cold shower. It can be hard stinging rain or soft fat droplets of rain. In a nutshell the rain that I am used to is.... well..... FUN.

Ah, now for the "rain" here; it stinks, and I don't mean that figuratively. People run in the rain but only to get out of it as soon as humanly possible! It kinda smells like a mixture of ass and sweat. (HA ass-sweat! new word. find that one in the dictionary!) And if that sounds gross, the rain that DOES land on me makes me feel sticky, yes STICKY!! Dude, what's up with that?!!?
There is no "slow" build to a storm either, its like sunny, birds chripping, wonderful (hot) day and then................BAM!!!! Freaking thunder and lighting with BUCKETS of water pouring down for like 25 minutes! Its like someone pouring used bath water on you and I mean really used! It is not refreshing in ANY sense of the word. I never thought that I would say it but rain is a serious pain in the ass!
This has been the norm for about 3 weeks now. And I still have not gotten used to it. Now everyone don't get me wrong I am have great time here but, I just want it to stop raining.

Sigh.

Oh and another typhoon is making its way to Japan, it should be here by this Thursday or Friday. Damn! My two days off! And YES it will be bringing LOTS of rain.



And yes.............. the same rain as described above!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew. Your blog is fun to read. I would imagine, with your size and look, people there are probably scared or you at first. You're pretty imposing and intimidating to people who don't know you. And I suspect you like it that way, haha! I was imagining some little Japanese lady coming in for her first English lesson and running, screaming, from the school!

On one of your future postings, I hope you'll tell us about your job.

Take care!

Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home