.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stupid-ass comments by gaijins

I am going to mention all the cool things that will be coming up in the next week and in the next few months in the later part of this post but first I GOTTA go off for a second. . .

There was a comment made by a fellow teacher about 2 months ago that just pissed me off. Before I get into what was said it should be noted that I am not really a "fan" of this teacher. He is one of those people that just talk to hear themselves talk, he's a bit rude, and needs to work on making good first impressions.
Anyway, about 2 months ago he makes this off the wall comment, he had only been in Japan for maybe 2 weeks(I had only met him for the first time earlier that day)! He says to me, "You know it doesn't even seem like I'm in a different country." I'm thinking WTF?! Of course, I tried to play-off the sheer absurdity of the comment by responding, "You think so, huh?" said with just a hint of sarcasm.
My thought was that he was just f*cking with me and that would we would have a good laugh about the stupid-ass comment. Nope. He then proceeds to justify his statement by saying, "Well, other than the signs being in Japanese it's just like home."

OHHHH OKAY. . . I got nothing. I mean, HOW on God's green earth, could I counter an argument of that magnitude!? Yeah, other than the signs being in a language that's not even based on the Roman alphabet, it's EXACTLY like home!
I mean forget the fact that I still POINT and MOTION for most of my communication (I mean doesn't everyone do that in their home country?). Hell, low crime rate, JUST like home. TV shows are just like home. Driving on the right side of the car JUST like home. Even the people look like all the people JUST like home (hell, I "blend" in with everyone here)! No one stares at me like a freak on a daily basis! Food, the SAME as home! Well, except for the signs, can't forget the signs!
Yep. . . I had nothing to counter his super computer logic. Shit, it's like I'm still in California right now!
F*cking stupid-ass gaijins. People that make comments like that need to be sent home. What a dipshit. Well, I shouldn't be to hard on him. . .he is from the "Great North". Heh heh heh.

Anyway, now on to the up coming events next week and in the next few months. I will be going to the Sumo Tourney in Tokyo next week. I am not sure if I will be able to get tickets but I am going to try! I am looking forward to that. I will be taking both of my cameras and I am sure that I will have LOTS of pictures to post! I will also be stopping by a famous fishmarket in Tokyo as well as the sumo tourney.
I will be heading home in March for a little visit. I think I will be home the first part of March. I can't wait to eat my fill of Mexican food! And I ain't talking about that fake Mexican food, I mean the real stuff. . . Taco Bell! just kidding.
Oh, my niece Marisa will be turning 11 years old this weekend. An early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! to her. and your gift is on the way!
shizzle (from the land that is exactly like home.)

4 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

Well, he isn't American but he lives to the nation JUST north of us. . . I hope that hint helps!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew,
Cut the gaijin some slack dude... I've seen the picture of the buddhas, mt fuji, sunpu castle, and the sweet looking fountains and you know what...It kinda looks alot like Carson..right!? Your co-worker is a moron! Anyway, can't wait to see guys in march...late!
Rich

p.s
Dan and i are stuffing ourselves with some carne asade nachos from TA's right now...Ta Ha Ha Ha!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

You know macdonald's animal farm, I have no problems with you posting. . . but come on it was not "a matter of perspective." It was what it was, a stupid ass commment that was said to get attention and showed a lack of any kind of logic. Plain and simple. It had nothing to do with me being from Cali and the other teacher being from Canada. He is stupid no matter what counrty he comes from.
Drew

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

OK, that's it. I have no time to deal with trolls like you have nothing better to do than waste comment space. Pick a comment fight with someone's else blog. I don't have time for the likes of you. Consider yourself banned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home