.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Saturday, October 22, 2005

What's my name again?

I was going to post about me trip on Thursday to Tokyo but today at work was just too funny not to share. So Tokyo will have to wait until later. . .

I was trained to teach little kids about two weeks ago. And since then I have had 4 classes with kids. "My kids" are ages 4 to 6 years old and they are cute beyond words! So when I start class I the kids knock on the door before they come in. I say "Hi my name is Drew!" and then they say "Hi my name is so and so!" But they are so nervous everytime that they forget their names! So most of the time they just say my name instead of theirs! So it goes a little something like this:

ME: Hi! I'm Drew! Who are you?
KID: . . . Hi?
ME: What is your name? MY name is Drew!
KID: Hi. . . My . . name is. . . Blue? (Little Japanese kids CAN NOT pronounce Drew so it comes out Blue)
ME: No, no, MY name is DREW. WHAT IS YOUR NAME??
KID:. . . Blue?
ME: Ok. Close enough. Welcome to class.

So after class today my kids were in a really good mood and stopped me in the hallway.

KIDS: Sensei ("teacher" in Japanese) Blue! Sensei Blue!
ME: Huh? Me?
KIDS: Sensei Blue stop! (They had surrounded me at this point)
ME: What this it?
KIDS: Sensei Blue! Sensei Blue! (In unison and very loud!)
ME: No I have to go eat lunch! (In English)
KIDS: Nani? ("What" in Japanese)
KIDS MOM: He has to go eat lunch! (In Japanese)

So I get past the kids only to have them follow me out the door (with a lot of watching) for lunch with them yelling at the top of their lungs "BYE SENSEI BLUE BYE!!!!" over and over again.

So, it is official, I am now know as "Sensei Blue". shizzle

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

Keith, I might have to explain what "kanchoed" means. . . and no that has not happened. . . yet

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

Damn! I knew some one was going to ask about this. "Kanchoed" is where someone makes their hands in the shape of a gun and tries to shove their fingers in your butthole. . .I don't know why kids do it but they do. AND NO IT HAS NOT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home