.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sniff Sniff . . .Do I smell like ass?

Before I get started with today's ramblings I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to eveyone who has been posting comments (NOT the damn spammers, but everyone else!)! I would also like to say WELCOME and THANK YOU to all the people in Japan who read this site. I hope that you like it! BTW, Kazue, if you see me on the train PLEASE say "Hi" I don't bite!
I would also like to say sorry for the last picture posts, there was/is something wrong with flickr (where I post my pictures). It kept telling me that it could not post the pictures every time that I uploaded it. Damn site! And one more little note I will be removing any and all spam "comments" on a more regular basis and AS WELL AS responding to legit comments on the blog!

OK now on to my rant.....

I love riding the trains in Japan. Period. There is just something about them that rocks. I get to see the countryside and the ocean whiz by everyday at 75 mph! It's fun! Anyway, somedays the train is packed (not Tokyo at rush hour where people force more people in than can fit on the train) but very, very full! There is no "personal space" on packed days. This is what leads into my rant of the today. When you have no personal space between fellow train riders you can smell a lot smells that you would not normally smell with an extra 3 feet in between people. Example, what shampoo someone is using, what perfume someone is wearing, and what someone's O.B. smells like.....
Now, when I was younger my dad gave me a speech about O.B. He explained the importance of deodorant and why it was a good idea to use it on a regular basis. I don't think that everyone in Japan got a similar speech. There are some people that ride the train that really, really stink! You know that smell of old sweat from gym clothes that have never been washed. That is the kind of smell that I get on the train standing next to some people.
The funny thing is that for about 4 weeks I thought it was ME that stunk! I know that I sweat A LOT and I know that my sweat STINKS. So I assumed that it was me everytime I got close to someone! I was so concerned that I was the one that smelled I started to have a complex about it.
Yeah, well, that was in the summer, it's fall now and the weather is MUCH cooler. Thus, I don't sweat. So I KNOW it ain't me that's stinky! I have been told by many other gaijins that the deodorant here in Japan just isn't that strong. I just wish I could share my supply of American deodorant with all the stinky people on the train. Ugh! Sometimes a want to gag it's so bad!

Now please keep in mind that this DOES NOT MEAN that in some way I am LESS stinky than Japanese people or that I am some how better than them because I use good deodorant! No, all I am saying is......I want to share my deodorant, with everyone! That isn't very hygenic, though, is it? ;)

BTW I hope everyone likes the new pictures I posted. shizzle.

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

Yeah but little kids ALWAYS stink how many middle aged men do you know that stink to high heaven!?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home