.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Hope everyone likes the pictures from the 'hood

Sorry that it took a long time to get some pictures up from the area where I live. The weather was a little shitty on Thursday. And I would like to give a little shout out to my cousin Carlos for offering me the Simpsons DVDs. Don't worry tho...I miss them but I can live without them for a little while! Now on to some seriously funny shit........

I was riding on the train last week. I was heading home from work, I had had a couple of beers with my co-workers when I saw the strangest thing. In my two months in Japan I have seen some weird stuff....but this was beyond comparison. I was sitting on the train and in walks a "cholo". I was in shock. I had to do a DOUBLE TAKE to make sure I was not drunk. He was a Japanese "cholo" BUT a "cholo" none the less.
He had his hair slicked back and he had a FISHNET over his slicked back hair! He had on his "gangster locos", he had a zoot suit style mustache and fu-man chu goatee and the deal sealer was his shirt......It had picture of the Virgin MARY with letters in "old English" on the BACK!?!?!?!?!
For a split second I thought he was Mexican! He had the look of a "cholo" down to a "T". I swear that if I had had one or two more beers in me I would have taken a picture!
I told my coworkers the next day about what I had seen. Of course, this was after a LONG explaination of what a "cholo" was. BUT much to my delight I was told that there were MANY Japanese kids that dressed like that. AND they hang out at a park close to where I work! My quest is to take pictures of these kids and to show them to you! I have a purpose.
Andrew

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

i love the pics and u have a good way of describing things. keep up the good work. if u see another "cholo" tell him i said "Wassup homes" hahahaha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home