.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Sunday, September 25, 2005

And in this corner weighing in at 200lbs........

So this morning on the train it was pretty packed. There was no "personal" space between people and the smell of B.O. was thick (more on B.O. later). But I have come to find out that this is the way Sunday mornings are on the train. I have come to accept it because I can not change it! Anyway, the train was packed and the strange thing about Japanese people is once the train gets to the station everyone is SOOOOO SLOW to get OFF THE DAMN TRAIN! It's like everyone is afraid or in amazement that we made it to the station in one piece! Anyway, there are stories that I have heard from fellow gaijin (foreigners) about the "pushy" old ladies that just force their way out of the train moving everyone in their path. The first time that I had heard about these old ladies I laughed it off as bullshit. Some of the gaijins that I know are bigger than me! There is NO WAY some 60 year old, 80 pound, old lady would ever be able to move me! HA!

How wrong I was.........I was pushed this morning while getting off the train. And I don't mean a little soft pardon me push. I mean a "I'm going to make you my bitch if you don't get the F*CK OUTTA MY WAY" push.
And at first I thought maybe it was some high school kid that was on the judo team or something. Or maybe even I pissed off business man, mad that he had to go into work on a Sunday. I was like a push that you would give to some one that you were trying to start a fight with!
So I turn around ready to start some shit! No one and I mean no one is gonna push me like that and get away with it!!!!! HELL NAH!!!
But what do I see....a 4' 9", 70lbs (MAYBE!), 60+ year old women walk past me! Without even a "sumimasen" (that is the least polite way to say sorry) she walks past as if she had done no wrong! For a moment, just a brief moment, I actually thought about pushing her back and yelling "Yeah, B*TCH BRING IT, you wanna go right here and right now!!" That's the kind of "push" it was.

Man, no wonder crimes against older people are non-exisitent here. Those old ladies could f*ck someone up if they wanted to! Now I'm not even worried about the yakuza thugs (Yakuza=Japanese mafia) beating me up, I watch my back for the little old ladies!

Next post: Dude! Do you people know what deodorant is?

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger M A F said...

Great writing. I find myself laughing out loud when I read about 70 pound old lady acting like a lead blocker on 4th and inches at the goal line.

If I had your email addy I'd send you my Japanese cholos cartoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home