.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A bench mark and some reflection

So today is the day that 2 months ago I came to Japan. And tomorrow will mark 5 months since I quit my last job. Those are some pretty big steps in my life. I thought I would stay at my last job for a long time but, then things went to shit. For a time after I quit my last job I started to question if it was a good move or not. I guess I was just scared about leaving something that I had been doing for so long.
The little bits of information that I hear from my last job re-affirm that I did make the right call to leave. I hope that my current job will keep me happy for a least a little while. So far, so good.

Being in Japan the last 2 months has been a blast. It's still a little odd to have people stare so much at me on the trains and on the streets but hey, I could care less so long as they don't attack me! HAHA! I wish I could say that my Japanese has improved leaps and bounds in the last couple of months but, that would be a BIG FAT LIE! It has gotten a little better but NOTHING to brag about.
I have been eating really well lately, a lot of sushi. And good stuff not that over priced stuff from home. Noodles and rice for days, you can't go wrong with that!

I do miss home every once and a while but, I do get to see MLB in English every other day on one of the Japanese channels, BUT only teams with Japanese players on them, damn it. Don't get me wrong I like watching baseball but I REALLY don't like the Yankees. And they show A LOT of Yankee games! Stupid Dodgers they need to get a couple of good Japanese players so I can see their games!
And I REALLY miss Family Guy and The Simpsons! (And American Dad)
And I do miss Mexican food, seriously, I realy miss it. I could really go for a HUGE plate of chili verde and beans right now! My mouth is water just thinking about it!

I hope that everyone is enjoying the crap that I write on this site. And I hope that the pictures I post give everyone a good idea about where I am and what I see everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home