.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Saturday, July 23, 2005

I am alive!

I am so sorry that I have not updated the blog in soooo long. It was a fast and busy last couple of weeks in California. I visited a lot of family in Southern California and I took a class to get my motorcycle licenese. And I think that I drove about 2500 miles in 3 weeks if not more. I know that I made 2 trips to and from San Franisco and 2 trips to and from L.A. Anyway, I flew with my wife out of LAX. Two of my sisters, my Uncle Joe, and my cousin Joana saw us off.
The flight to Japan wasn't too bad I was able to watch a couple of pretty good movies. And the food on the flight wasn't too bad. Last time I came to Japan the airline food wasn't all that great AND it gave me HORRIBLE GAS! Anyway, once we landed in Kansai Airport I was introduced to a taste of what Hell might be like......I have NEVER and I mean NEVER sweat that much in my entire life. It wasn't that hot but the HUMIDITY was AWFUL. I stood outside for about 5 min. while Hitomi got our tickets. I lost about 2 pounds of water from sweating.
After a couple of days of down time,(and adjusting to the humidity) I went with Hitomi, her mom and her sister to get cell phones. I have had it now for about week and a half and I still don't fully understand what I'm doing with.
Here are some of the options on the phone:
Mp3 player
SD flash memory slot
TV (its only has like 9 channels but still its FREAKING TV)
Radio
2 megapixle camera
video camera
email (with pictures!!)
skymail (like text messages to other phones)
Video games
Comic books (I can read them on the screen!)
I can record TV that I watch on the phone!?!?
Built in mic to record my own voice
and it can be used in japanese and English

Yeah its going to be a looooong time before I am able to use all the options on the phone. Oh and by the way for all the tech savy people out there I paid like 25 bucks for a 64MB SD card if that isn't a rip-off I don't know what is.
Oh and the phone.....................................it was free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home