.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving. . .well sort of.

So today was Thanksgiving. It was pretty low key, I was the only member of my household that seemed to notice it. I knew that there would be no turkey dinner (complete with mashed potatoes and stuffing) tonight, so I took matters into my own hands.

I caught the 12:10pm train into Shizuoka determined to get a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes! After about an hour I was beginning to realize that my search was going to end with nothing in my belly. So I fell on my "back-up plan" . . .KF f*cking C!!

Sure chicken and turkey are not the same bird but I was feeling a little defeated so chicken would have to do. Besides, I said to myself "They will have mushed potatoes and they are key to any turkey dinner"! So after a quick 10min walk I arrived at Kentucky, (the japanese call it that, not KFC). I was greeted with with the standard "Irrashaimasen!" (Welcome, in Japanese). I was all geared up to order my two piece meal with extra mash potatoes when I realized. . . there were no mashed potatoes that I could order!. . . I scanned over the menu again. Maybe I missed the picture of them (I still can't all that well, D'OH!). . . nothing.
"You gotta be shitting me!" was my only thought. It's KFC, how can you have fried chicken and NO mashed potatoes?!

All they had was French fries. Sigh.

Feeling really, really, defeated now (and starving) I had to settle for a chicken(sandwich, d'oh!) and french fries (without ketcup, damnit!) and a Coke. . .

Dude, what a dissapointment.

and. . . AND . . . yeah it gets better!

I really wanted to eat in peace and reflect on life and what not. . . (i.e. No talking) No, I was spotted by a fellow teacher who proceeded to talk my ear off for 30min. (It was one of those conversations where the other person does all the talking and the other person just sits there quietly.) D'OH!

Well, at least the day was almost done. . . No, wait as I write this I can feel the B.G.s coming on (B.G.=bubble guts=the shits) from the KFC! And to add to that I gotta hold it until I get home. I ain't really comfortable taking a crap in a public toilet in Japan yet.

Thanksgiving my ass.

But in all seriousness, I am very thankful for many things. And I take joy knowing that my family and friends are having a good Thanksgiving back home. And that always brings a smile to my face! So don't worry about me too much and don't take my Thanksgiving misadventures too seriously! If it brought a smile to your face today then I am thankful.

I hope everyone has a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
shizzle.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

Carlos thanks for the words of encouragement! I know that your "big day" is coming up real soon! Are you excited? Thanks for taking the time to comment! And have a turkey sandwich for me, and don't forget to pour a little gravy for me too! HAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home