.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drew in Japan

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The fall rice harvest and Japanese "Fashion"

October is upon us and that means harvest time. The rice patties are full of rice that is ready to be harvested. The weather here has FINALLY gotten cooler and fall is in the air. It is also that time of year in Japan when fashion of Japanese women changes for the new season. "What does that mean?" you might ask. Well, I'm gonna tell you. . . it means, boots.
Cowboy boots, leather boots, knee high boots, black boots, red boots, WHITE (yes white)boots, MOON boots, boots with 4 inch heels, platform black leather knee high boots. Every kind of boot that you can think of I have seen in the last week or so. It's like its standard issue for all women in Japan ages 18 to 84 to get f*cking boots!
Now keep in mind I like MOST boots, (not all) they look very nice on women. But A LOT AND I MEAN A LOT of Japanese women did not get the "fashion memo" that it is a fashion fopa to wear boots with YOUR PANTS TUCKED INTO THE BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
The first time that I saw it I was like WTF?!?! Are you shitting me!?!?! I thought OK this woman just doesn't know about that "rule", right? WRONG. That same day I see like 50 other women with their FREAKING pants tucked into their boots! Now I not saying that I know everything about fashion, because I don't, BUT I DO KNOW YOU DON'T TUCK YOUR PANTS INTO YOUR BOOTS!!!!!!!

And yes I will be posting pictures of this shit ASAP!

My god. And one more thing. . . if you wear high heel boots or high heels in general here in Japan, learn how to walk in smaller heels before you move up to the 5inch stiletto spike heels. "But why?" Japanese women might ask. Well, because if you don't you end up looking about, as graceful as, a drunk hooker trying to walk in them. And I am sure that some people will say, "But it's hard walking in high heels!" Yeah, I'm sure that it is but, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR THEM!!!!!! Or at least work your way up to, the 5inch stiletto platform heel, with some pumps or something.

God, I needed to get that out of my system. I have been holding back my urge to run up to all the women and try and pull their pants out of their boots for like the last week and a half. shizzle.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger DrewMartinez said...

Jesus tap dancing Christ! I can't beleive that they are doing that shit in the States too! Please if you see someone doing that, please, please kick their ass in for me! Thanks! And yes I really do want to tuck my pants into my boots BUT my boots aren't long enough. So Staci, if you could do it for me that would be great! And don't forget to kick your own ass in afterward!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home